Durham IT Floating Support
Opening HoursMon: Closed
Who we are
Durham Floating Support & IT Floating Support services work with adults across the county who are living independently and are affected by mental health problems. We are a small team with a wealth of knowledge, experience and skills to support you in your recovery journey.
What we do
We offer recovery focused, holistic support to individuals through a combination of face to face and remote working depending on what suits the person. Support is tailored to you personally, to help you meet your goals, and some areas this could cover are:
- Learning the skills to help manage your condition
- Learning or improving digital skills and accessing online resources
- Meeting new people and accessing community resources
- Finding work, education or volunteering opportunities
- Improving your physical health
- We also have a range of optional group activities to help reduce social isolation, such as a walking group and a lunch club.
We have a focus on Working Together and encourage people using our service to get involved and work alongside us to provide the best possible support.
Who we help
Our service is open to anyone over the age of 18 living in Co Durham, who has a recognised mental health issue and would benefit from support, subject to a successful assessment.
Individuals can be referred through secondary care teams, primary care teams or through any other support agency. We also take self-referrals.
Please contact the service to request an application form, or for more information.