Richmond Fellowship is part of Recovery Focus, a group of charities with the shared aim to Inspire Recovery Together www.recoveryfocus.org.uk
Buckinghamshire Talking Therapies Employment Service
Opening HoursMon: Closed
Who we are
The Employment Service in Buckinghamshire Talking Therapies has been set up to provide support for people experiencing anxiety, depression or other common mental health issues and who are in need of support related to employment.
Richmond Fellowship’s Employment Specialists, working as part of the Bucks Talking Therapies team, can provide employment support whether you are currently employed, off sick from work or unemployed and looking to find work.
How we work
We believe in a ‘recovery approach’, whereby:
- You will be continually involved in all aspects of your support and fully involved in the decision-making process.
- Support will focus on your strengths, aspirations, and employment goals to encourage and assist you to achieve choice and direction over your employment.
- We offer light-touch, practical support based on your current employment situation. We may provide information and resources to support you and signpost you to other organisations and services, where appropriate.
- We work with you to create a support plan which will include your employment-related goals and the actions that need to be taken in order to achieve these goals.
What we offer
We support clients to Retain and Regain Employment.
Our Retain Service supports people who are experiencing difficulties due to anxiety, depression or other common mental health issues, to retain employment. We aim to support you to maintain your employment when problems arise whether you are currently in work or off sick.
Some of the areas we can help with include:
- Bullying and harassment
- Problems with managers or relationships with colleagues
- Difficulties associated with your work environment
- Capability, Disciplinary or Grievance processes
- Returning to work from sick leave, including phased returns
- Reasonable adjustments
Our Employment Specialists can:
- Help you deal with problems at work by identifying goals and developing an action plan.
- Offer basic information on employment legislation and The Equality Act and guide you to organisations that offer more specialist advice.
- Offer guidance to help you find alternative employment (see ‘Our Regain Service’ below). • Help you draw up a back-to-work plan, if appropriate.
- Provide a wealth of other information and resources.
Our Regain Service supports people who are unemployed but who want to return to employment or training.
Our Employment Specialists can:
- Offer support on how to job search, disclose a mental health condition, CV’s, making applications and interview techniques.
- Signpost you to where you can access voluntary work or training.
- Work with you to understand your preferences, values, experiences, and skills.
- Help you to identify any adjustments that may be required to enter the workplace.
We also run group workshops on a variety of employment-related topics.
“My Employment Specialist was wonderful. She was supportive and caring, whilst at the same time encouraging me to push myself a little further than I had been. She listened to my concerns and helped me to find solutions.”