Moor View is a registered care home situated in Halifax.
The building was purpose built and has been furnished to a high standard. It consists of the main building which has 10 en-suite bedrooms, offices, and kitchen. Each individual has their own en-suite bedroom with shared communal facilities such as laundry, lounge, kitchen and dining room.
We also have a four bed house attached with facilities to offer more independent living and there are also two independent living bungalows for people who are able to live independently with support.
Externally there is a grassed area with patio and barbecue areas. We also have a small vegetable patch to grow some of our own produce.
How we help
Our main aim is to empower and support individuals to work towards achieving their own perceived recovery and a quality of life as defined by them. We follow the principles of recovery to provide support tailor made to meet the needs of each individual to reach their desired outcome.
Each resident has an individual support plan which is developed with them. These plans are person centred and reflect the recovery approach to maximise each individual’s personal wishes and needs.
Our purpose at Moor View is to encourage and enable individuals with mental health problems to explore and achieve their desired outcomes in life. We are committed to:
- Responding to the immediate and on-going needs of the individual in accordance with their expressed desire for personal development
- Encouraging and enabling people to enhance their abilities and life skills at a pace in line with an adequate and detailed care plan
- Supporting people in their day to day living
- Promoting personal insight and positive attitudes towards mental health, always combating prejudice and stigma
- Empowering the people we work with to develop a sense of membership.
Who we can help
Our support is targeted at those who have found living in the community difficult or who have been living in an institutional setting for some time and need support to develop.
Referrals are accepted from community mental health teams via care co-ordinators.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.
Our CQC rating