Bristol, North Somerset and Gloucestershire IPS Employment Service
Opening HoursMon: 9am - 5pm
Tues: 9am - 5pm
Wed: 9am - 5pm
Thurs: 9am - 5pm
Fri: 9am - 5pm
Who we are
Richmond Fellowship’s BNSSG Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Employment Service specialises in providing support for people living with or recovering from mental ill health to find paid employment, voluntary work, education and training or to retain their current employment.
What we do
BNSSG Individual Placement and Support is a specialist employment service for adults looking to return to the workplace as part of their recovery from mental ill health.
We can help individuals with job searching:
- Our employment specialists will search only for the sort of work each individual wants
- Those using the service will receive support and guidance on how and where to look
- Help writing effective CVs, cover letters and applications and help to get through interviews
- We utilise our Employment Specialist actively contacts and develops relationships with employers
- Employment related benefits advice is available – check how employment may affect benefits
- Receive confidential advice on how to disclose health matters, when and how best to do it.
When starting employment:
- Our specialist advisors will provide support when individuals start new jobs
- We can help people identify and request reasonable adjustments from employers
- We maintain regular contact after job starts to help people settle into roles, for as long as the individual need it and agreed in advance.
Who we help
You can access our service if you are aged 18 or over, motivated to get a paid job and willing to start actively job searching and are receiving key-worker support from one of the following:
- AWP Community Mental Health Team
- AWP Early Intervention Service
- The CMHT team will contact the service or Employment Specialist directly to discuss and complete the referral on behalf of clients.
- An Employment Specialist will then contact the client and arrange meetings on a regular basis to provide support with looking for employment, developing a detailed work preference profile to ensure the work is suited to the individual.
- You can also self-refer direct to the IPS team and they will contact your designated keyworker from CMHT/EIP.