At Havering Positive Future we’re here to help anyone with a mental health problem find meaningful activities to build their confidence, meet people, gain skills and get into training, volunteering or work.
If you’re experiencing a common mental health problem, such as stress, anxiety or depression, then our group activities or one-to-one support can help you achieve your goals.
If you’ve been out of work for a long time due to your mental health and are keen to get back into employment then we can help you recover.
If you’re a business or an employer we can work with you to improve your workplace wellbeing and support any employees with mental health problems you may have.
“My service was able to support and understand the ups and downs of recovery. I was shown empathy and patience at the same time as positive, consistent encouragement” – Client
How we help
We’re developing a new service that puts our clients at the centre of the support we offer. Our aim is to be as flexible, easy to access and as convenient as possible for anyone living in Havering. This means helping individuals to develop personal action plans which focus on their strengths, skills, values, aspirations and opportunities. Our advisors are specifically trained to work with individuals with mental health problems and they concentrate on what someone can do rather than on what they can’t.
We can support you on a one-to-one basis, providing confidential, impartial advice and guidance to help you move towards recovery, take back control of your life and reach your full potential. Your specialist advisor will work with you to agree positive and achievable goals. They’ll then regularly meet with you to review your action plan to celebrate progress or new goals that you feel are necessary.
- A full timetable of group activities
- Peer supported groups
- Action planning
- 1:1 advice and support
- Vocational advice and guidance, including training needs
- Help to find voluntary work and/or training, if appropriate
- Work trials and placements
- Support to improve your job finding skills, e.g. CV writing, interview techniques
- Support to find paid work, become self employed or set up a social enterprise
- Signposting to other appropriate specialist agencies.
If you’re currently in work we also offer:
- A mediation and problem-solving service with your employer
- Employment-focussed peer support networks
- Job coaching and in-work support
- Assessment of possible adaptations to your work place
- Specialist advice on employment law, including the Equality Act.
Who we can help
Our recovery service is available to people over the age of 18 with a mental health problem who live within the borough of Havering.
You can contact us directly or we accept referrals from employers, (including occupational health, human resources and line managers), community mental health teams, GPs and any other agencies supporting you.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.