We provide a floating support service to individuals referred to us by the local NHS mental health team.
The support is tailored for each person and the ultimate goal is to help individuals manage their mental health and assist them with social and practical needs.
The support is funded by direct payments and spot purchase.
How we help
Whether it’s supporting an individual to maintain their accommodation, finding local employment opportunities or simply going for a coffee and chat – our team are there to support their recovery journey.
The activities we provide form a vital part of an individual’s recovery journey.
Some of our activities include:
- Increasing social networks
- Daily living skills
- Attending appointments
- Support to engage in volunteering or employment opportunities
Get Going Group:
The Get Going Group in Woodbridge, which has been running for 9 years, is peer led with staff support
It’s well attended and designed to bridge the gap when leaving services. The group provides an environment to maintain social contact, seek advice and information.
Outcomes of the group:
• Lessoning feelings of isolation
• A safe guard to remaining well
• Confidence building from the group
• Opportunities to be on the committee and help run the group
Who we can help
Contact us for more information regarding referrals and spot purchase.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.
We are proud to work with various support networks across the Coastal community, these include:
- Local VASP team
- Local IDT team
- Suffolk County Council
- Suffolk Libraries
- Gardening groups