We provide a floating support service to clients referred to us by the local NHS mental health team.
The support is tailored for each service user and the ultimate goal is to help clients manage their mental health and assist them with social and practical needs.
The support is funded by direct payments and spot purchase.
How we help
Whether it’s supporting a client to maintain their accommodation, finding local employment opportunities or simply going for a coffee and chat – our team are there to support a service user’s recovery journey.
The activities we provide form a vital part of each service user’s recovery journey.
Some of our service user led activities include:
- Increasing social networks
- Daily living skills
- Attending appointments
- Support to engage in volunteering or employment opportunities
Some of our notable achievements during 2014 include:
- Our Get Going Group in Woodbridge is peer led with staff support. It is well attended and designed to bridge the gap when leaving services. The group provides an environment to maintain social contact, seek advice and information.
Who we can help
Contact us for more information regarding referrals and spot purchase
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.
We are proud to work with various support networks across the Coastal community, these include:
- Local VASP team
- Local IDT team
- Gardening groups