How we help
The Haven is a welcoming and nonjudgemental place for individuals struggling socially and emotionally with life challenges or who are in crisis.
Our team of professionals and volunteers offer interactive one-to-one and group support. Our service is free to access.
Who we can help
Our services are available to people over the age of 16 who live in Preston, Chorley or South Ribble.
You may refer yourself to The Haven either by contacting the team by telephone in advance, or by visiting The Haven in person during our opening hours.
You may also be signposted to our service by a GP or other partner organisation.
Support we offer
- Staff available at any given time to welcome people at The Haven. Anyone who arrives will be met and assessed by a member of our team as quickly as possible
- Professional and specific individual advice in accessing appropriate help.
- Guidance and information on how to manage your mental health and develop coping mechanisms.
- Peer support from people who have been through similar experiences in talking through your issues and concerns.
- Access to other organisations to offer support with social crisis such as housing and benefits.
The service is open 11am-11pm Monday to Friday and from 12pm-11pm on weekends and bank holidays.
Staff are available at any point during the opening hours.