What’s your vaccination status?
From November 11 2021, new government regulations mean that all care home workers, visitors and potential residents must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and be able to provide evidence unless they are exempt.
From this date, staff will be required to check your vaccination or exemption status before allowing you into the building. This is to make our care homes as safe as possible for our workers and the people that they care for, some of whom may be most at risk from Covid-19.
Need to evidence their status
- Staff working in or visiting the building
- Contractors or tradespeople attending to complete routine or planned maintenance work
- People who have applied to live here. Also their family, friends and/ or carers who may visit before they become a resident
- People attending a job interview
- People who provide services to residents such as Care Coordinators and other professionals (e.g hairdressers, beauticians, and cleaners)
- CQC inspectors
- Couriers, delivery drivers and people delivering post (where they need to enter the building, for example to deliver a heavy item).
Do NOT need to evidence their status
- Residents and their friends, family (who may also be unpaid carers) and essential care givers
- People under the age of 18
- Members of the emergency services
- Members of the public assisting with an emergency such as a fire or a serious flood
- Social workers responding to immediate safeguarding concerns
- Mental Health professionals attending to respond to an emergency/ crisis
- Workmen or tradespeople responding to complete an emergency repair such as a dangerous electrical fault, or a loss of water/ gas, a gas leak or a serious flood where there is a risk to life, or the continuity of care provided on site
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter and for going the extra mile to keep people we support and our staff safe. For more information, please speak to staff on site or review the full Department of Health and Social Care Guidance at www.gov.uk