Rotherham Community Based Service
Room 3, Osborne House
Download our handy Rotherham Community Based Service leaflet.
We’re here to help improve the mental wellbeing of Rotherham by supporting individuals with mental health problems become more socially included in their communities and to tackle mental health stigma. We offer a range of support packages which individuals can purchase directly using their personal budget.
How we help
We can offer individuals a range of support including:
Developing living skills:
- Cooking – menu planning, healthy eating advice (please not we cannot cook for people)
- Shopping – online shopping, going to the shops
- Personal finance – budgeting, managing bills, setting up bank accounts, seeking financial advice such as how to manage debts
- Cleaning – developing routines, organising and de-cluttering
- Using public transport – building confidence, route planning
- Managing a tenancy
- Developing employment skills – how to write a CV or fill in application forms
Managing mental and physical health and wellbeing:
- Help to develop management strategies and coping skills
- Guidance and signposting to support for managing a deterioration in mental health
- Support to attend appointments
- Help to access GP and dental services
- Help to access opportunities to exercise e.g. gym, swimming, or walking
Reducing social isolation:
- Support to access community activities – e.g. cafes, clubs and groups, leisure facilities
- Support to access voluntary work
- Support to access education and training courses
Who we can help
Our services are available to anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the Rotherham area and who has had a personal budget approved to support their mental health needs.
Referrals should be made through an individual’s care co-ordinator. We’ll discuss with the individual and their care co-ordinator what the most appropriate support we can provide is and then the personal budget can be used to purchase this.
Individuals can also access our services if they are self-funding. Please speak to us about this.
Our standard rate for support is £17.50 an hour. If there’s likely to be additional staff costs to provide the support required then this will be discussed and agreed before the support package starts.
To find out more about direct payments and personal budgets visit: www.in-control.org.uk
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.