Stowmarket 24hr Supported Housing
Download our 24hr supported housing leaflet.
We provide 14 supported housing flats for clients referred to us by the local NHS mental health team.
Eight flats are housed within our 24 hour service – with a further six for those who are ready to move on from the service.
The support is tailored for each service user and the ultimate goal is to help clients manage their accommodation and assist them with re-integration back into mainstream housing.
How we help
Our philosophy is to work in innovative, flexible, dynamic ways with our partners, staff and clients. We do this by building relationships founded on trust, mutual respect and common interest so that together we can make recovery a reality.
We provide fully furnished one bedroom flats to people whose ability to live completely independently has been diminished through their mental health problems.
We offer support, advice and guidance to re-establish living skills and access the community through a range of activities and to access main stream housing.
We help individuals establish and re-establish key relationships.
Whether it’s supporting a client to maintain their flat, finding local employment opportunities or simply going for a coffee and chat – our team are there throughout a service user’s recovery journey.
The activities we provide form a vital part of each service user’s recovery journey.
Some of our service user led activities include:
Arts and crafts workshops
- Sunday lunch clubs
- Quiz nights
- Healthy living walks
Some of our notable achievements during 2014 include:
- ENRICH achievement in Inclusion award winner 2014
- £130 raised at the Stowmarket Carnival for service user activities
- Regular attendance at local outreach and community events
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.
We are proud to work with various support networks across the Stowmarket community, these include:
- Local VASP team
- Time to Change
- Local IDT team