Blackpool Floating Support
Who we are:
Blackpool Floating Support provides assistance and practical support to people with mental health problems who have housing support related needs.
Individuals should be living in their own homes in the wider community and we will support people to live independently, developing a specific package of support using the Recovery Star framework.
What we offer:
The type of support we provide includes:
- developing daily living skills
- budget planning
- liaising with landlords/housing assocations
- support to claim benefits and access asscoiated agencies
- assistance with form filling
- support to access further education, training, self help groups
- support to access information around medication issues and attend GP/consultant appointments and CPAs
- help to develop coping techniques and emotional support.
How we work:
Our service is for anyone aged 17 to 65 years, living in Blackpool. Our service is aimed at vulnerable people who need support to maintain their tenancies, live more independently and who want to work with us to provide a more positive future for themselves.
We operate Monday - Friday 9am to 4:30pm. We supply a list of agencies or helpline numbers for out of hours support.
What we achieve:
- Floating Support
How to apply:
Referral application forms are available by contacting: 01253 629 400.
Referrals are welcomed from any source e.g. self referral, relatives, voluntary or statutory agencies.
We also require a social history and a letter of support from a professional e.g. GP.