We are a mental health community service offering support to people in the Thanet area using a pathway model providing one to one coaching, recovery workshops, and community and peer support.
How we help
Our service is built around the needs of our service members. All our meetings and group activities take place in community settings. Our monthly group activities are chosen by our service members and usually focus on social or skill based sessions.
Every person that engages with us has the opportunity to identify their choices and put together their own personalised support plan.
We are committed to developing our service and responding to the diverse needs of our local community. The service advisory group (SAG) plays a crucial part in how we shape and develop what we do and is one way of helping us to reflect the needs and wishes of people that use our service.
- Help to individuals to develop their social life, make new friends, build self-confidence and develop skills
- Information and advice on how to access activities and services in the local community such as sport, leisure classes, social groups, training and education
- Access to our community based groups and opportunities for individuals to run their own services and support each other
- The opportunity to work with a community link advisor to help explore choices and put together a personalised recovery plan
- Mental health advice for relatives and friends to increase their understanding of an individual’s support needs.
Who we can help
Our service is available to adults over the age of 18 who live in the Thanet area who need additional support to manage their mental health recovery.
Referrals are welcome from a wide range of sources including self-referrals and any agency supporting people with and recovering from mental health problems. Contact us for a referral form.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.