Durham Recovery College
St Margaret’s Health Centre
We run Arch Recovery College with Tees Esk and Wear Valley NHS Trust (TEWV), offering educational programmes to support students in sharing their mental health experiences, identifying their own strengths and discovering new and innovative ways of managing the challenges they face.
Our courses are co-delivered with a tutor/mental health professional as well as peer trainers with lived experience of mental health problems. Learning together can effectively break down the barriers that can exist and help make mental health recovery a reality.
How we help
- Inclusive courses that follow an educational over therapeutic model.
- Peer support from people with lived mental health experience
- Satellite locations to cater for people living outside Durham city centre
- Expert tutors delivering accredited courses in mental health recovery
- Flexibility to choose own programme of learning
Who we can help
Contact us for more information on who can access our recovery college.
Other information and useful links:
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.